Sunset in a Sihanoukville beach
If you want to discover Cambodia beyond its heritage sites, why not choose to stay at a resort in Sihanoukville? A province and port city in southern Cambodia, Sihanukville offers travelers beach and marine attractions - something very different from what you can see in cities such as Phnom Penh. Here, you'll come across a host of beaches where you can enjoy a superb tropical getaway. Below, you'll find 5 of the must-see coastlines in Sihanukville:
* Serendipity Beach - Located on the east side of the port city, it's where you'll stumble upon Cambodian beach resorts that are right along the shore. Serendipity Beach also features plenty of bars and restaurants serving Western cuisine, as well as clothing boutiques, Internet shops, and electronic stores. It is considered as Sihanoukville's shopping and leisure haven.
* Ocheteaul Beach - This, along with Serendipity Beach, is the most popular beach area in Sihanoukville. In this 5-km-long beach, you'll find quite a number of dining options, from bamboo beach shacks to first-class seafood restaurants. There's also a 9-hole mini-golf course and the Ocean Water Park in its vicinity. Water sport activities like jet skiing and banana boat riding can be enjoyed here.
* Victory Beach - One of the more famous coastlines in the west side of Sihanukville. A short walk from Victory Hill, it offers a mix of accommodation and leisure options. In its shores, you'll find restaurants serving fresh seafood, some hotels, and the full service Golden Sea Casino. Victory Beach also has a pier that serves as a starting point to exciting island boat trips.
* Sokha Beach - A kilometer and a half long, Sokha Beach is a stretch of fine white sand and pristine waters with a shallow drop off. This beach is pretty much well-maintained primarily because it is a private beach. But there is a portion of it that is still open to the public.
* Independence Beach - Named after Independence Hotel that sits atop its headland, it's one of the quieter beaches in Sihanukville even with a number of restaurants and bars located in the area. Its shores are a bit narrower compared to the other beaches in the port city, that's why it's better to come here to lie on the sand during low tide.
Indeed, Sihanukville provides guests with a different view of Cambodia. So if you wish to see another side of the country, go and book a Sihanoukville resort in any of the beaches mentioned above.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Michelle_Roldan
Where would you like to go next?Back to top
Go from to Ferrying Into Sihanoukville, Cambodia - A Warning
Return to Holiday In Angkor Wat (homepage)